The Horizon 2020 call for proposals linked to the Green Deal priorities will open in September 2020, with a total budget of more than €1 billion on 11 thematic areas.
The Green Deal for Europe
The “European Green Deal” was presented for the first time in December 2019 by Ursula Von der Leyen, President of the European Commission. It aims to make Europe “the first climate-neutral continent by 2050, boosting the economy, improving people’s health and quality of life, caring for nature, and leaving no one behind“.
To achieve this goal, the EU has proposed a broad economic, political and social action plan to enable Europe ensuring a just and inclusive transition. Therefore, the EU foresees an investment plan of €1 trillion over 10 years and envisions many solutions: increasing the next multiannual financial framework, mobilising public and private investment, a new climate legislation and the Just Transition Mechanism.
Regarding European projects, Green Deal related actions are implemented as of this year. Indeed, calls of several EU programmes, such as LIFE or Horizon 2020, will be dedicated to Green Deal priorities.
The Green Deal call under Horizon 2020
The new Green Deal call was supposed to open in June 2020 but, due to Covid-19, it was postponed to September. The deadline for proposal submission is set in January 2021. With a budget of more than one billion euros, the Green Deal call will fund research and innovation projects in favour of sustainable transition through 11 priority areas (provisional list):
- Call area 1: Increasing climate ambition: cross-sectoral challenges
- Call area 2: Clean, affordable and secure energy
- Call area 3: Industry for a clean and circular economy
- Call area 4: Energy and resource-efficient buildings
- Call area 5: Sustainable and smart mobility
- Call area 6: Farm to Fork
- Call area 7: Restoring biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Call area 8: Zero-pollution, toxic-free environment
- Call area 9: Strengthening our knowledge in support of the European Green Deal
- Call area 10: Empowering citizens for transition towards a climate neutral, sustainable Europe
- Call area 11: International Cooperation
The approach will be strongly focused on societal impact. Therefore, the Commission aims to fund projects that can quickly lead to concrete solutions and results for citizens, such as pilot applications or innovative products.
- June 3, 2020: Deadline to contribute to the online survey on the call areas (click here)
- July 2020: Update of the 2020 Work Programme
- September 2020: Opening of the Green Deal call
- January 2021: Deadline for the submission of proposals
You need support by expert consultants for your proposal? Euronovia has launched a special offer to assist your organisation on the Green Deal call. Do not hesitate to contact us for more information!
S'ABONNER À LA NEWSLETTER
J’accepte que Euronovia collecte et utilise les données personnelles que je renseigne dans ce formulaire dans le but de m’envoyer des informations en accord avec notre politique de protection des données