The European Commission published the last Horizon 2020 Work Programmes, which include all the calls for proposals of 2020. A total budget of over €11 billion is available to fund EU research and innovation projects.
The final year of Horizon 2020
Horizon 2020, the EU Framework Programme for research and innovation launched in 2014, is entering its final year. On the total budget of €77 billion for 7 years, €11 billion is available in 2020 to fund collaborative projects through the various calls for proposals.
For this last year, the European Commission will put greater focus on the impact of research and innovation projects in response to societal challenges. Therefore, it will emphasise on research areas that respond to its strategic priorities, such as:
- A low-carbon, climate resilient future: €3.7 billion
- Circular economy: €1 billion
- Digitising and transforming European industry and services: €1.8 billion
Also, this final year of Horizon 2020 is already bridging with Horizon Europe with the launch of the European Innovation Council pilot as of 2019.
The list of Work Programmes
You can find below the links towards all the Work Programmes for 2020 (which include all the calls of proposals of 2020) organised by pillar. We also mention the total budget available for H2020 projects (in EUR million).
Pillar 1: Excellent Science
- Future and Emerging Technologies (FET): €523.2M > Link
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions (Innovation Training Networks, COFUND…): €1046.13M > Link
- European research infrastructures (INFRADEV, INFRAIA…): €341.9M > Link
- European Research Council (ERC Starting Grants, Advanced Grants…): €2201M > Link
Pillar 2: Industrial Leadership
- Information and Communication Technologies – ICT (Artificial intelligence, Big Data, cybersecurity…): €934.32M > Link
- Nanotechnologies, Advanced Materials, Biotechnology and Advanced Manufacturing and Processing (NMBP): €621.1M > Link
- Space (Earth observation, satellite navigation…): €127.87M > Link
- Access to Risk Finance (InnovFin, Equity…): €438M > Link
- Innovation in SMEs (INNOSUP): €36.85M > Link
Pillar 3: Societal Challenges
- Health, demographic change and wellbeing (Personalised medicine, infectious diseases, digital transformation…): €692.42M > Link
- Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and bioeconomy: €555.39M > Link
- Secure, clean and efficient energy (Energy efficiency, renewables, smart cities…): €656.15M > Link
- Smart, green and integrated transport (Mobility, green vehicles, automated systems…): €378.76M > Link
- Climate action, environment, resource efficiency and raw materials: €383,46M > Link
- Inclusive, innovative and reflective societies (Migration, socioeconomic and cultural transformation, governance…): €181.02M > Link
- Security (Disaster-resilient societies, cybersecurity…): €278.87M > Link
- Spreading Excellence and Widening Participation: €126M > Link
- Science with and for Society (Gender equality, ethic, science education): €63.20M > Link
- European Innovation Council – EIC (Pathfinder, Accelerator, Horizon Prizes…): €1079.1M > Link
- Dissemination, Exploitation and Evaluation: €73.39M > Link
- Cross-cutting activities (Next-generation batteries, low-carbon and circular industries…): €337.50M > Link
Tools to support your proposal submission
The National Contact Points (NCPs) and the European Commission will organise several Info Days dedicated to the calls for proposals 2020. Not only those events provide precious tips to prepare your project proposal, but also come along with brokerage events, networking sessions or B2B meetings, which aim at bringing potential project partners closer.
You need further help for your Horizon 2020 project proposal? You can get support from our team of expert consultants in European collaborative projects. Each year, Euronovia supports more than 30 projects with an excellent success rate (45%). For more information, contact us!
S'ABONNER À LA NEWSLETTER
J’accepte que Euronovia collecte et utilise les données personnelles que je renseigne dans ce formulaire dans le but de m’envoyer des informations en accord avec notre politique de protection des données